Pinterest Princess

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 24- Dishwasher Cleaner

I had a doctors appointment this afternoon to get my knee checked out. When I got home and walked in the door I smelled the awful smell that was my house. So, as always when the house stinks, I went straight for the kitchen and started smelling EVERYTHING.The two places that were the worst were under the sink where we keep the trash can and the dishwasher. I cleaned out under the sink really well (something I should probably do much more often). Next came the dishwasher, I remembered seeing a pin for cleaning the dishwasher a while ago with vinegar and baking soda.

All you had to do was place a dishwasher safe container full of white vinegar on the top shelf and run the dishwasher through a normal cycle.The vinegar will wash away the greasy grime, sanitize, and helps remove the musty odor. Once that is done you can dump out the container which will now hold dirty water...ewww....You will run the dishwasher one more time on a short cycle but this time sprinkle a cup of baking soda around the bottom. The baking soda will help freshen the smell of the dishwasher as well as brighten up the look of the inside by removing stains. This made the dishwasher smell much better but it did not look that much cleaner, but my main concern was fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment