Pinterest Princess

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 20- Keychain and Crockpot

We had mom's group this morning which was lots of fun. There were a lot of new faces which meant more kids for Jordyn to play with and more mommies to chat with! We usually try to do a craft when we get together, and I have been wanting to make credit card key chains. I had a pile of old credit cards my dad gave me so I had more than enough so everyone could make at least one.
I think mine turned out pretty cute! I wish I had gotten pictures of everyone's because they were all so different but so cute. I am so happy I have friends who like to craft as much as I do.

Step 1: Print out pictures of your kid(s)...I used word to crop my pictures so they were a little bit larger than an inch wide..you could make your picture larger if you wanted a bigger key chain.
Step 2: Print an cut out your picture(s)
Step 3: Cut your credit card to the size you want..mine were slightly larger than a inch...to make it easier cut both sides so it is a squared rectangle with no round edges
Step 4: Decorate your credit card (use the flat side for your picture) and glue everything down
Step 5: Punch a hole in the top...make sure to do this before the next step or it will be very difficult, I know from experience
Step 6: Cover the entire thing with modge podge to seal it
Step 7: Let them hang from keys or whatever and show of your cuties

Jonathan had court tonight and I knew he'd be getting home late, so I need something that would be ready to eat when he got home. I pulled out the freezer meal I made last week and decided to make it...and it was yummy! If you don't remember it was savory vegetable beef soup. I will definitely be making it again, however I will probably wait for fall because it taste like a fall meal. The other change I will be making next time I do it is adding extra meat. Jonathan complained it wasn't meaty enough so I will do 2 pounds ground beef instead of one.

Freezer Meal: Savory Vegetable Beef Soup
1 Onion and
2 TBS minced garlic
2 lbs Ground Beef
2 whole carrots chopped per bag
3 Red Potatoes chopped per bag
1 can tomato soup split between bags
1 can diced tomatoes split between bags
1/2 TBSP Worcestershire per bag
1/2 cup Beef Broth per bag
1 TBSP Parsley per bag
1 tsp Basil per bag
1/2 tsp Thyme per bag
1/2 tsp salt per bag
1/2 tsp pepper per bag
1 TBSP Sugar per bag

Place in crockpot with 1 1/2 cups of water and 15 oz of beef broth on low for 8 hours

2 comments:

  1. That must be fun having all those young mom friends! I look forward to that. And it's awesome that everyone likes doing crafts too. What about the soup makes it taste more "fall"? I was expecting pumpkin to be one of the ingredients. I'm thinking about biting the bullet & getting a crockpot. My mom said she almost fainted when I told her, haha. I've always complained about them, but it seems to be time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete