Pinterest Princess

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 25- Cotton Balls and Drains

It has been a very rainy week thus far and yesterday was no exception. Once James was down for a nap Jordyn wanted to play a game, Jordyn ALWAYS wants to play a game. We usually end up playing Candy Land, Turtle Recall, Memory, or Yahtzee...after playing those games a million times they get boring (at least for me). So my good friend Pinterest helped me out yet again! We played cotton ball race. So easy, yet so fun! We enjoyed running up and down the entry way with spoons and cotton balls. This is how the game is played...
Step 1: you place a bucket (or some sort of container) at each  end of the hall (or room or yard or wherever); fill one bucket with some cotton balls.
Step 2: Next you set the timer (we did two minutes)
Step 3: then with a spoon in your mouth you have to place the cotton ball(s) on the spoon walk or run down the hall and drop them into the other basket.
You do as many as you can in two minutes. If you drop your cotton ball you pick it up and keep going if you are under the age of 5 and if you are over you have to go back to the beginning and start again.
We started with this many cotton balls, but Jordyn added a whole lot more and by the time we were done the thing was covered in cotton balls


Guess who won this game? I did...but we don't do winner loser we just count the cotton balls and play again

We had lots of fun and both giggled at the sight of each other awkwardly walking down the hall with spoons and cotton balls hanging out of our mouths.

My kitchen was still stinky yesterday when I woke up...one of the worst things you can wake up to a stinky house. So I started my sniffing again and it led me to the drain in the sink. I then went on a Pinterest search for a drain cleaner and of course I found one! It was very simple and very effective!! All you need is vinegar, baking soda, and salt. You put a half a cup of baking soda down the drain, then you add a 1/4 cup of salt. Pour a cup of warm vinegar down the drain and let it sit for 15 minutes. (It will bubble and sizzle) Then run warm water down the drain for a few minutes and ta da clean smelling drain! Now my kitchen smells 100% better, I guess the drain was the stinker the whole time.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blogs, already wrote down alot of recipes, anxious to try for myself. Love the game, would be a great birthday party game too.

    ReplyDelete