Pinterest Princess

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 19- Mountains and Rainbows




 I found the pin for rainbow waffles last night right before Jordyn went to bed and she insisted we have them for breakfast...so we did. Jordyn loved how colorful they were (so did I) and James just liked the fact that he got waffles for breakfast. This was super easy to do, although a little messy, and it made boring waffles fun.

Step 1: You make your waffle recipe like normal and then split the batter into different containers (I used glass measuring cups because that made it easy to pour).
Step 2: You add liquid food coloring to make the colors you want
Step 3: (This is why it is messy) you pour the colors in stripes onto your waffle iron
Step 4: Cook for the amount of time you normally would
Step 5: Admire your cool looking waffle!
1st attempt

I didn't make enough of the blue and green so we had some super pink pancakes toward the end

I told you it was messy...because it takes more time to do the stripes the batter ran off the iron
According to the weather channel it was supposed to rain cats and dogs today...but it didn't. So I had planned some fun inside activities to do today. First on our agenda was pillow mountain, Jordyn and I gathered almost all the pillows from the house and made a pillow mountain to play on.
(I'm not sure why 80% of my pictures are coming out with lines in them...I think I need a new camera)
We crawled through the pillows and jumped on the mountain...we even tried to climb the pillow mountain. It was a great activity to get Jordyn moving and it was hard to get hurt since we were surrounded by pillows.
Jordyn laughed and laughed we even had fun trying to rebuild the mountain to see if it would be easier to climb or if it would topple...most of the time it just toppled.
It was a great rainy day activity, I had fun too.

King...I mean Princess of the mountain

James got to play some too

1 comment:

  1. Those waffles look magically delicious! I wish we still had a waffle iron, but Michael made us get rid of it because we never used it. Actually, I think Daddy took it since we were just going to give it to Good Will. Michael's dad made waffles at the beach last month & now I want them all the time!! I like James's "Here Comes Trouble" shirt. (I look forward to seeing what kind of new camera you get!)

    ReplyDelete