Pinterest Princess

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 1- Chalk and Chicken

Today I decided to see if chalk would really get greasy stains out of clothes, and it didn't. This dress has been washed a few times and I have tried to get the stains out with zout, and it didn't work. I am not sure if I didn't put enough chalk on the spots or if the stains are just set in since it has already gone in the wash.  The chalk did lighten the stains as you can see in the pictures but they are still visible.

After the wash
Before
All chalked up

 For dinner I wanted to use up some left over crock-pot chicken so I decided to make white chicken enchiladas. I didn't follow the recipe exactly because I am not a fan of spicy food and neither is Jordyn, but they turned out delicious! The only advice I would give you is to make sure the entire taco shell is covered in sauce. If any part is not covered it will get crispy.

RAVE REVIEWS:
Jordyn said, "dis is really good mommy!"
Jonathan, with a mouth full of food, "wow these are delicious, it taste like food from a Mexican restaurant."
James didn't get any tonight because I thought he would make WAY to big of a mess.

Yummy :)
*Below I have posted both mine and the original recipe 


Original Recipe from Joyful Momma's Kitchen

Jessica's White Chicken Enchiladas
6 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1/3 large onion diced
1/2 green pepper diced
2 cups shredded cheese ( I used mozzarella and Mexican cheese blend)
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth (I did 2 chicken bullion cubes and 2 cups of water)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 can red enchilada sauce optional

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix chicken,1 cup cheese, onion, and green pepper.  Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute.  Add broth and whisk until smooth.    Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly (about 5 minutes).  
4. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. (At this time you can pour the red enchilada sauce over them too, Jonathan liked the red sauce because it made it spicy)
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the "Rave Reviews" part! Wish I could have been there to try some too. (I would have liked to see a side/inside view of the chicken taco dish as well. Or maybe it tastes better than it looks?) I have purposely not taken "after" pictures just because it doesn't look pretty, even if it is delicious. Ha!

    ReplyDelete