Pinterest Princess

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day 12- Fizzy Fun

 Lilly and Elijah, my niece and nephew spent the day at our house today. I was trying to think up creative indoor activities since it was rainy or humid outside just about all day. Of course Pinterest has tons of fun ideas! I decided to let them do a little science experiment with baking soda and vinegar. Jordyn and Elijah had a blast playing with it. Such a simple project that entertained them for quite a while...I even had to get out more vinegar because they used it up so fast.
This is the start of our fizzy fun...


It's hard to tell but it bubbles pretty well


Even after there was this much vinegar on the tray they could still add more and make it bubble

The best part about this was that they both loved it! They told me how cool it was over and over again. Elijah said," I have never done anything like this before it is so fun!"

Step 1: cover a surface with baking soda
Step 2: in cups put vinegar with a drop of whatever color food coloring you want
Step 3: Let the kids have droppers and they can drop dots or big squeezes all over the baking soda and watch it fizz and bubble

No comments:

Post a Comment