Pinterest Princess

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 14- Rugs and Teriyaki Chiken

I have been updating and fixing up my house lately little by little. Today I went on a mini-shopping spree! I got a few items for my bookcases and a new rug for the kitchen. We had a rug that my mom gave us which looked fine until I redid the handles on the cabinets...then it did not look so hot. So, I found a really pretty paisley rug, but it slips and slides all over the floor. I found a cure for the slip-n-slide rug, you draw lines of caulk every six inches on the backside of the rug. You let it dry really well and then no more sliding!! YEAH!



For dinner I made delicious crockpot teriyaki chicken and served it with rice and stir-fry veggies. The chicken was sooooo good and smelled great while it was cooking. Everyone really enjoyed it. It is also a recipe that doesn't require too many ingredients, only 5 to be exact. As you can probably guess I was missing something I needed so I had 7 ingredients because I had to make a little of my own soy sauce (my recipe with the substitution is below and the link to the original is also listed.)

Rave Reviews:
Paula (my mom) stated, "this is really really good, I need the recipe for this!"
Jonathan asked me , "Were you planning on having this for leftovers tomorrow, because I want some more now."
Jordyn said excitedly, "Mommy this is really really good, I didn't know it was good." (she says the funniest things sometimes)
Steven (my sisters "boyfriend") said, "This IS really good."

Slow Cooker Sweet Teriyaki Chicken Recipe:

1/2 c. soy sauce
4 TBS worshchestire sauce
1 TBS water
1 c. sugar
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 an onion, chopped
5 chicken breasts

Put all of the ingredients but chicken into a pot over medium heat until boiling
Pour over chicken in crock pot
Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours

The original recipe is from the Six Sisters blog

1 comment:

  1. This all sounds very delicious. And the chicken looks like what we had at the Bridal Luncheon before the wedding! All that food was soo yummy. I always look back at those pictures and want to make it myself. Again, I love the rave reviews! And I love you! =)

    ReplyDelete