Pinterest Princess

Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 13-Freezer Meal

Last week I saw a pin for freezer crockpot meals, two things I like crockpots and pulling something out of the freezer that is just about ready to be served. One recipe looked really yummy, beef soup...yummy. It was a pretty easy recipe and it made two bags (AKA two meals). She had some other meals as well but I decided to start with one.
While you are making this your house will smell delicious, my mom came through the door and said, "it smells just like a restaurant in here." This meal took no more than 30 minutes to put together and will be an easy meal for a day when we have 50 thousand things going on once Jordyn starts school.

Freezer Meal: Savory Vegetable Beef Soup
1 Onion and
2TBS minced garlic
1 lb Ground Beef
2 whole carrots chopped per bag
3 Red Potatoes chopped per bag
1 can tomato soup split between bags
1/2 TBSP Worcestershire per bag
1/2 cup Beef Broth per bag
1 TBSP Parsley per bag
1 tsp Basil per bag
1/2 tsp Thyme per bag
1/2 tsp salt per bag
1/2 tsp pepper per bag
1 TBSP Sugar per bag
In a pan brown the ground beef with onion and garlic
While it is in the chop the other veggies
divide everything evenly between 2 bags
 Place in Crockpot with 1.5 cups of water and 15 oz Beef Broth. Cook on LOW 8 Hours.



I got the idea for this from Melissa Fallis Test Kitchen

1 comment:

  1. It really did smell good when I walked into your house. I wish I could be there when you make it.

    ReplyDelete