Pinterest Princess

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 5- Sickies and Mac-n-Cheese

So I was planning on finishing my burlap box today, but I have 2 sick kids. Jordyn and James both have some sort of bug/cold. Hopefully tomorrow or Monday I will have it finished to show all of you.

I did get to make some delicious mac-n-cheese though! I always thought homemade mac-n-cheese required a lot of work and a lot of time. This did not and it was outstanding! Only a few ingredients and you cook the noodles in the milk so you don't even have to drain the pasta.

Super Easy Mac-N-Cheese
2 cups dried pasta
2 1/2 cups skim milk
1 cup loosely packed cheddar cheese, shredded by hand
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional) I did not add this but I don't like spicy

Optional:
extra hand shredded cheese
bread crumbs

In a small saucepan, add pasta and milk.  Bring to a beginning boil (don't let it really start to boil), then reduce heat to low and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until pasta is soft, stirring frequently and ensuring milk does not boil.
Turn heat off, add cheese & salt & and stir to combine.
Stir in the mustard & cayenne a little at a time, to taste.
Cover and let stand for a couple of minutes, then stir again and serve. If not creamy enough, add milk a little at a time, and gently stir.

If you would like to bake it at this point, place in a baking dish and top with a generous sprinkling of cheese and bread crumbs. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 10 minutes until cheese has melted.

I'd have a picture for you but it turned out super blurry...so you will have to take my word for it, it was really yummy

Originally from Macaroni and Cheesecake

Here is what the kitchen looks like now... 


No comments:

Post a Comment