Pinterest Princess

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 17- Knives and Lemon Juice

It's kind of hard to see the spots because they blend into the table...but I promise they are there
I do not take care of my nice knives the way I should. I probably would take better care of them if I was in charge of the dishes, but I am not Jonathan is and he is not a fan of hand washing anything. So most days the knives find there way into the dishwasher where they get nice and clean. Unfortunately they get some rust spots on them in the process.

I found a semi-solution! I say "semi" because it worked on almost every spot. You take your knives with rust spots and place them in lemon juice for a little while; when you take them out you rinse them off using the scrubbing side of the sponge. As you scrub the knives the spots go away like magic...some will have disappeared before you start the scrubbing. However, as I said above not every single spot came off but 98% of them did. I am going to re-soak the ones that have 1 spot left tomorrow and see if I can get them off.
No spots!! Good as new :)

No comments:

Post a Comment