Pinterest Princess

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 10- Finger Paint

Yesterday it was raining when I wanted to go to the pool with the kids...figures. So I got on my very favorite website, Pinterest, and looked for something for the kids to do. I found edible finger paint on a sensory board. Yeah, a sensory activity for James and a fun activity for Jordyn. It is always nice to find something both kids will enjoy. I started making the paints yesterday but we didn't get to use them until today because they were still too hot.
This is how little man started, not too messy

James liked it because he could squish it, move it, and eat it...what more could a little man ask for?! As you can see he enjoyed decorating his body and mouth more than making beautiful art. I did give him some paper but it is a wrinkled mess now.

Yummy mommy can  I have more and more and more


not too messy but his face was so sweet I had to share
What a mess...but he was happy
Look mommy I have a blue beard

Jordyn painted her beautiful picture and then was done with it. She thought it was cool that it could be eaten but she wouldn't try it, I think she was grossed out by the mess James was making with his paint.
Jordyn's artwork and plate of paints
(sorry it is so dark) Jordyn painting
So how do you make this fun edible paint?!

Edible Paint
1 cup cornstartch
1 cup cold water
3 cups boiling water
Food coloring

In a pot mix together the cold water and cornstratch
Slowly add the boiling water stirring in until it is well mixed
Put on stove over med-high heat and stir until it is the consistency of custard

Separate into jars or bowls and add food coloring...I used baby food jars and they were the perfect size
It only took a few drops in each jar to get these pretty colors.
Also, your child may be slightly stained afterwards but it all comes off in the bathtub :)

1 comment:

  1. Do you know how to edit photos to make them not dark? James looks like a cute little alien in his last photo. Haha. Wish I was there to be your personal family photographer! Do you have any plans to come to Gainesville or Orlando again by the end of the year?

    ReplyDelete