Pinterest Princess

Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 18- Glitter

I love glitter! I always have and probably always will, when I saw that I could glitter my keys I got really excited! This is a super easy way to make your keys fancy. All you need is your key, some glue, glitter, and clear nail polish.

You start with your key...

Next you cover the top portion with glue
Then you sprinkle glitter over the glue and let it dry for at least an hour

Add 2 top coats of clear nail polish...this will keep all the glitter on the key and off your clothes and everything else
I liked it so much I let Jordyn chose a color for our house key...of course she chose pink :)



After I did it I rubber the glitter with my nail to make sure it wouldn't flake off and it didn't, but you have to do 2 coats of polish.
Also, I used a really fine glitter not the big flakes...I know Martha Stewart has great fine glitter but I am sure there are other brands too.

1 comment:

  1. These are very pretty. I do like the pink one a lot. Good job, Jordyn! I was about to say, I should do these with my keys, but then realized they technically belong to the apartment complex and we have to give them back before we move. You don't think they would mind glitter keys, do you? =)

    ReplyDelete