Pinterest Princess

Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 7- Showers and Brown Sugar

Before I get into what I did today does anyone have helpful hints on how to put pictures on these blogs?! Each time I go to put up pictures it takes, what I think is way too long, to get them in the places I want them. Any advice would be helpful!!

This is my shower before the cleaning began

I am a super clean freak when it comes to cleaning bathrooms, I hate a dirty shower and toilet. I do my best to keep them as clean as possible, which equals a lot of shower scrubbing. It is not easy to get off all that nasty soap scum and build up off...or so I thought. I found on pinterest a concoction of vinegar and dawn and it worked!
I reused a window cleaner bottle
Step 1: mix equal parts hot vinegar and dawn soap  in  a squirt bottle (I did a cup of each to start with but I am definitely going to be making a lot more).
Step 2:Then you shake it up gently until it is mixed.
Step 3: Spray it all over your shower or tub and let it sit for an hour.
(you are supposed to be able to just rinse it off and all the ick will be gone but it didn't get it all off so...)
Step 4: Wet a scrub brush and gently scrub the tub...you do not have to bear down hard just a gentle scrub around the tub so the solution gets bubbly
Step 5: Rinse tub or shower
Step 6: Stand back in awe of your super clean shower or tub
(Step 7: Optional...if you see any spots that get missed just take the brush and go over it again and I can almost guarantee it will come off)
I did my shower and after the results I went in and did the kids tub too. The other thing that makes this so great is that it will be be much cheaper than regular shower cleaner and it is probably greener too.
After...sparkly clean
See no nasty build up in the corner

Brown sugar chicken....who would have ever thought these two would be in a recipe together, not me. This recipe was called easy garlic chicken, it was easy but it wasn't the best chicken I have ever had either. Don't get me wrong it wasn't gross it just didn't have as much flavor as we are used to. So unfortunately no rave reviews on this meal and we probably won't make it again. I'm sure if you wanted you could play with it, marinate it, add extra stuff, and basically change the recipe and it would be much better.

If you do want to try it here is the recipe adapted from food.com

Easy Garlic Chicken
3 chicken breast
4 TBS minced garlic
4TBS brown sugar
3 tsp oil

Preheat oven to 450
Place chicken breast in a well oiled baking dish
In small pan saute` garlic and oil until it bubbles
Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar
Pour over chicken breast
Cook for 30 minutes


1 comment:

  1. I have gotten really frustrated with pictures before too, so I try to keep them all together and in the middle instead of some to the side (like the cleaning product photo). Would the "taking too long to upload" have anything with them not being resized smaller before you add them?

    ReplyDelete