Pinterest Princess

Friday, July 13, 2012

Day 4- Donuts and Door knobs

So I kind of feel like I am cheating a little on this one...we did donuts day yesterday and I have been spray painting handles and knobs for a few days now. Never the less my inspiration came from pinterest!

Yesterday morning Jordyn did not follow her normal wake up routine, for some reason she was in our bedroom playing with something on the floor. I am not sure how long she was there before I heard her playing and woke up. When I did she bounded into the bed and gave Jonathan and I big hugs and kisses and informed me that her brother was also awake. I hopped out of bed and got James while Jonathan lay in the bed still half asleep with Jordyn. When I walked back in Jordyn asked if we could have "yummy breakfast" (this usually means pancakes or waffles instead of cereal). I answered, "yes but we aren't having pancakes we're having donuts! It's Kelly donut day!!!" She of course got super excited and I am pretty sure her jumping around is what finally woke Jonathan up.

On the car ride to Dunkin' Donuts I think she told us at least 10 times she wanted a pink one with sprinkles and thankfully they had one. Once we got there Jordyn had fun helping us pick out donuts to eat, if she had it her way we would have only bought the ones with frosting, sprinkles, or oreo crumbles. It was a lot of fun and made Jordyn and James day. To make the day more special we were supposed to go to the pool as a family, but unfortunately it rained so we had to play inside. It was a fun day and I have it marked on the calendar so we can have annual Kelly donut day every year!

I have been wanting to update the look of our home since we moved in. As beautiful as the gold knobs and handles are they are just not my style. A pin I found showed updating door knobs by using spray paint, of course this inspired me and gave me the push I needed to do something about the shiny hardware. The pin suggested using rustoleum oil rubbed bronze spray paint so that is exactly what I bought and I LOVE the color, if you are looking to do this you can find it in the metallic section. I have been slowly but surely doing the handles a few at a time and I have only gotten one door knob done so far. My door knobs have been hard to remove. The one in the picture below is a different shape than the rest of the knobs and was the easiest to get off. The other knobs are shaped like cones; this makes it hard to get the screw driver onto the screw straight which makes it difficult to loosen the screws. When Jonathan gets home it is going to be his job to get the rest of them off for me. Here is what I have so far when more get finished I will add more pictures!
after!
before...


lots of handles to spray paint...

before

No comments:

Post a Comment